The safety of your home is critical to the well being of your family; here are some resources that can protect your family’ health and safety and your home’s value
Protect your health:
- Up to 90% of our time is spent indoors.
- There are between 250 and 400 chemicals in the average person’s body tissue, many of those are from materials in the home.
- Other air quality issues come from mold, radon, fiberglass and toxic dust from a leaky furnace ventilation system.
- Click here to learn the 5 steps to improving your indoor air quality and visit the links at the bottom of the page for some very useful information and resources.
Protect your pocket book:
- Building departments get calls regularly from homeowners asking for help. They have had work done, or have bought a house that had unpermitted work done to it.
- They are concerned about their safety and the value of their house.
- After inspection of that work it is often found that they will need to spend even more money to fix problems to make their home safe and the work legal.
- Protect your PEEP’s, don’t let your house become an epic building fail
Protect your home’s value:
- It’s tough to learn that you may not be able to sell your home due to unpermitted-uninspected work.
- If that uninspected work causes a fire or injury, your insurance may not cover that loss and or liability.
- Protect your family and one of the biggest investments you make. Get a permit!